Monday, January 14, 2008

To the self absorbed male:

Well today I was witness to something really neat. The guys downstairs (2 guys in their 20's and bachelors as of today but not for long) asked me if they could watch the girls for me for a bit so that I could have a break seeing as I was single-parenting it for the week. I thought that was so kind and sweet. But then I really started thinking about it. And I got a little teary it touched my heart :). In our culture how many 20 something bachelors do you know who would take 2 wee girls for a few hours to give their mama a break? I say NOT MANY! It was their only day off in the week. They are well connected and well loved so it's not as if they had nothing better to do. They both have a significant other. They so generously gave of their time. And I just wanted to give a shout out to them and say "Thank you"!.
So to the self absorbed male: Your days are numbered...when there are guys out there like that!

No comments: