Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thoughts...

Haven't blogged in awhile. Needed to get some thoughts out. Have no idea what they are. I am in Alberta right now. Shaun is working 6 days a week and gets home in the evening around 6:30 it seems. The girls go to bed at 7. This doesn't leave much family time. We are in my brother-in-laws's house. They are gracious to have us this long. It's cozy for everyone. Keiko is in a kennel here in town. Liam is allergic to dogs so it's just not possible for her to be around. I miss her. I feel badly that she is in a kennel. I worry about her. It's weird to be out of my house and away from life. I feel at odds. I don't know what to do with myself. I never quite relax. My kids have been throwing up and now I don't feel well. So after all that complaining...I had an interesting experience last week. I was in Three Hills (where I went to college). While I was there a lady who was 36 died from cancer. That is young...only 5 years older than me. She had 3 children ages 10, 7, and 5. That really hit me. I just felt deep grief for her husband and children. And then I started thinking about how we are only guaranteed today. How I have heard to "live each day as if it were my last". The Bible talks a bit about this. Psalms 139:16 " Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day."

No comments: