Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A few things that brought me joy

Ok so one of the first days that we were here in Sherwood Park, AB...we were driving to a friend's house for a visit and Mercedes saw some refinery stacks. She said, "Mommy look at that big ship". I started cracking up because it was so cute. Only a west coast girl could see a ship in the middle of the prairies. Then 2 seconds later Portia pipes up, "Daddy needs man music doesn't he mommy." when I put some Lincoln Brewster on while we were driving. Now on our drive here from B.C. (which is about 12 hours) we listened to some kids music and at some point Shaun got extremely tired of it. He pointed out that he needed some "man music" and he had put Lincoln on. So now that music is "man music". I just cracked up again.

I love having kids. There is always laughter around them. Some days I tend to take life to seriously, at this point. So I think (yet again) that my children are God's little reminder to laugh more. I like those reminders and I sure need them :). I will never regret laughing but I sure will regret being too serious and missing a sweet moment. That I know for sure.


5 comments:

Vangie ... Beautiful One Blog said...

Are you here yet...we have man music!!!

you can come you know

we are waiting!!

Anonymous said...

Where are you? How are you? How is Shaun? How are the girls? How is the remodel project? Did you go to see Char and family? Are you all over the flu? Do you have a phone? When are you coming home? Will you be here for Valentine's Day? Call me collect! My numbers are 253-945-2586 at work, 253-31-9719 cell and 206-429-2634 just in case you don't have them with you or you forgot them or you forgot period!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

PS My email is ktm60@comcast.net just in case you forgot.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

PSS My work email is kmarion@fwps.org just in case you forgot.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

PSS
Do you need my address?
Love,
Mom