Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I don't wanna vs. I didn't

The pain of staying the same vs. the pain of moving on. I have been experiencing that since January in regard to my personal fitness in particular. As I look back over my life there are windows of opportunity that I can think of that have never come again...things that I didn't grab the opportunity and run with and it has affected my life to this day. I love my life...but there things that I wish I had grabbed onto. And now I believe the time is now for my personal fitness. A person only has so many opportunities...even in the land of opportunity.
I have found such relief in doing something, even though it's not major, in the the area of exercise. It's like when I put off housework and then I finally just start puttering away at things...there is relief and I enjoy it and I wonder what took me so long...the mountain wasn't really a mountain.