Friday, January 8, 2010

Renewing

January always seems to be synonymous with renewing. Starting over. Trying again. We have built it into our culture it seems with New Years Resolutions. Spring is natures time for renewing but us humans like the turn of the new year...maybe we're bored or finally have enough time to pause and think about what's important to us in the dead of Winter.
For many years I have not done resolutions because, well maybe a few reasons. I don't know. Maybe I was afraid. Afraid to put whatever it was, that I wanted to start over with, out there for people to see and thus give myself the opportunity to fail. Maybe I figured that if it was really something I was going to do I would have resolved to do long before New Years and thus it was not necessary.
For me resolutions are something that has been a long time coming. Something that has been planted by a gentle nudge from my Saviour many times. He allows things to brewing in my soul for a LONG LONG time. He helps me process and thinking and wrestle. He brings Godly counsel into my life just at the right time...His perfect time. God has walked patiently and gently beside me. HE is my sustainer. He is my strength. He is my wisdom. He is my joy. Without Him nothing would have been thought through, struggled with, or refined and worked towards resolution.
The resolution is just the tip of the iceberg...a verbalization of huge things that have been being dealt with inside. They are never a completely new thought...for me. I can't be resolute on new thoughts or something that is still being worked out in my inner woman. That's just me.
This year, though, these resolutions and New Years were in the same timing. So I made some "New Years Resolutions" of sorts. I haven't given myself a time limit to complete them in. I have started to take baby steps to get me there. I am thankful for that.
Most of my resolutions are very typical to other people's. Nothing earth shattering. But for me they have been 10 year processes that are finally coming to fruition.
Philippians 3:13 says, "I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead..."
Revelation 21:5 (Amplified Bible) And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new. Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine)."
I am excited to see what the future holds in these areas that have been very painful and many years in the making. And no I am not going to tell you exactly what they are. I'm sure you'll get the gist over time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.