Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Portia got her ears pierced today!

Portia decided a bit ago that she was ready to get her ears pierced. I told her that for Christmas she could get it done. So today was the day. I didn't realize how nervouse I was about it until after it was over. Mercedes had cried quite heartily for about an hour after she got her ears pierced so I was not looking forward to going through this again. However, Miss Portia didn't even flinch! She is one tough cookie! We remembered to give her Tylenol beforehand (something we didn't even think about with M :(...poor girly!). I wanted to do it when my mom was here so that I wasn't the only adult present as Shaun does not like needles of any kind even the ones in guns for ear piercing.
Mercedes helped Portia pick out her earings. They chose the same ones that M had gotten.
Here are some pictures of my brave girl and her ear-piercing adventure.
After getting her ears pierced we sauntered over to Orange Julius for a drink. We all tried each other's drinks and even tried 2 drinks at a time (M's idea). Us girls had fun, after all, and accomplished our mission.



No comments: