Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!

WOW! I can't believe it's 2010! A whole new decade in this relatively new millennium. We spent New Year's Eve over at Dad and Nan's house with my mom, the girls, and Shaun's grandparents on his dad's side. We had a yummy supper and relaxed. It was very nice. On that night I felt a little overwhelmed with how blessed I am.
As I looked at each face in with me that night I contemplated the relationship they and I have.
My mom was there laughing and taking pictures and being her usual joyful self. Words are not sufficient to describe our relationship nor it's depth. Sometimes it's complex and mother/daughter-ish and other times it's an easy friendship and through it all is woven a deep love, bond, and strength. We have weathered A LOT together. My mom has stood by me and loved me and lavished her affection on me through thick and thin. And now she does the same to my husband and my children. I draw from her wisdom and grace often and I am thankful to be able to do that. I am blessed to have her as my mom and my friend.

Shaun...my best friend, my love, my joy. We have now been married 11 + years. There is a strength and a depth in our marriage that is pure joy and delight to me. Shaun is the one that I can't wait to share any little thing and every big thing that comes my way. I love how he loves our girls. He is the best daddy a mama could ever pray to have for her children. I look forward to the journey by his side. I am blessed to have him as my husband, my soul mate, and to parent our girls with him.

My beautiful angel-girl Mercedes...what can I say? She's one of the two most delightful children I have ever had the privilege to meet. She has a beautiful voice. She is so very sweet. She is so sensitive and loving. She sees people...I mean really sees them and she loves them. She has a compassionate heart. She sees the many layers of a person even the undertones. She is a good listener. She adds such a richness and joy to my life. I look forward to getting to know her and watch her become the mighty warrior princess I know she will be for her King.

My beautiful princess Portia...my other delight who fills our days with laughter and song. What an intuitive bright light. And what a tough cookie! She's my little pixie who sparkles. A little cuddle-bug. She too brings me so much joy. What a gift she is! What a treasure. I love watching her becoming...well her! Every day is an adventure. Every day offers a whole day full of things to find joy in and laugh the best belly laugh a mama's ears could ever hear. She's my little joy bubble. She lets me in and embraces me fully. I look forward to getting to know her better and better and watching her, too, become the mighty warrior princess she will be for her King.

Our girls are so very different from each other that they complement each other and add a richness to our family. They are rare and precious jewels. I am blessed beyond expression to be their mama.
My father-in-law Cam...We have now had 12 years to form a relationship and I have to say that, by God's grace, it's lovely. He has been very patient and gracious with me and let me draw near to him as I felt comfortable never pushing. The difficult patches have made the place where we have come too all the sweeter. I love how he loves Mercedes and Portia. I love how his eyes light up with such joy when he sees them. I am blessed to have the privilege to call him Dad and to be his daughter...our children are blessed to call him Papa.

My mother-in-law Nan...we came into the Huth clan together. It's been an interesting and never boring adventure and I am thankful that I have had her graceful strength and tenderness on the journey. I am thankful that while my children are not her "blood"...they might as well be. She has taken on this family with all her strength and immense love, as we are, and I love her for it and am better because of it. I am blessed to be her daughter-in-law.
Grandma Huth...I have watched her over the years love her family fiercely and with joy. She always has smile and a hug to offer. These last few years have been difficult and yet she faces them with joy and grace. She has learned the art of resilience. It is good to have 4 generations in one room. There is so much wealth of experience there. I am blessed to be her granddaughter.
Grandad Huth...I have always had a soft spot for him. He always is happy to see me and gives me big hugs and the usual banter. We bonded many years ago in Salmon Arm and that bond has stuck. His ever present good humour, jokes, and sharp mind are wonderful to behold. I am blessed to be his granddaughter.

And the One who is not seem but ever present...my life, my source, my strength, my Saviour. Without you none of this would be. I am blessed to know you as my Creator as my sustainer. Thank you for blessing me with such vast wealth in relationships.
Those are the faces that I had the privilege to see when I looked around the room on this New Year's Eve. And there are many more who were not present that night who have blessed me by pouring their love into my life. So thank you for loving me!
Happy 2010!

No comments: