Sunday, April 29, 2007

My Angel Girl is 4!





Wow...I'm sure it was just 2 days ago that I became a mother...not 2 days and 4 YEARS! My wee angel girl is now past babyhood and reaching swiftly for girlhood. One minute she still needs to be held and carried to bed...the next minute she is very articulately telling me all about what she had discovered in her day. We had a gymnastics birthday party at a gymnastics academy very close to our home. We had 13 lovely children there (including Mercedes and Portia). I think it was a hit. Everyone (including the parents and grandparents) seemed to be having a blast. As you can see by her facial expressions over the presents Mercedes is a very expressive girl :).
Mercedes is such a sweet joy to Shaun and I. Most of the time she is the essence of sweetness, mercy, and kindness. She has a huge heart for such a small girl. It was fun to watch her with all of her friends at the same time. She is well loved :). We are so thankful to be trusted with her care. She is a rare jewel.
Have a fantastic day,
Tama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tama,

I understand the feeling of surprise you expressed at Mercedes being four! The party was fantastic and I was delighted to be there on my 60th to laugh and hug and "be"! I love being your and Shaun's "mom" and your girls' Grandma!! It doesn't get much better than that special day celebrating our precious girl's birthday! She was amazingly poised and such a gracious little hostess makaing everyone feel as if they had given her the best gift in the world! The pictures really captured the moment!!
Love,
Mom/Grandma