Thursday, April 26, 2007

He loves me AND likes me!

These last couple of weeks have been douzies...not sure how one spelled that but there you go :). One thing that I think God is trying to teach me is that He not only loves me but he likes me...He finds delight in me. I was contemplating this yesterday and couldn't get it. I mean I understand loving someone because we are to love every one but that doesn't mean I like them. So I have thought of God that way in my heart...not my head, just my heart. I really didn't realize that until lately. It's like God has been stripping every last thing, except Him, away and saying...See I'm all you need.
I trust people that I like...isn't it funny...I love people but the next level is if I like them then they are on their way to being a friend. I am learning what it means to trust God...I mean truly trust Him. I think it might be easier now that I truly realize that He likes me. Well He more than likes me...I'm the apple of His eye. Hmmmm...there is so much that is in my head that is finally migrating down to my heart. It's quite a journey that...head to heart. It can take a split second or it can take decades.

No comments: