Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Being Faithful with little...


Luke 16:10, 11 says, 10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?" This is within the Parable of the Shrewd Manager...Jesus speaking.


It seems that this topic keeps coming back to Shaun and it. God is teaching us the truth. When you have the belt of truth on there are all different angles to see things from. (on a side note....I am learning that although I may be right about something that doesn't mean that I know the truth because truth has all different angles). So for this particular topic in being faithful with little Shaun and I always thought that meant money. But we are learning "being faithful with little" has so much more of a life impact than money. With our home group...we need to be faithful to love and serve the people that God has entrusted into our care...right now that is 5 people. So we are learning how to be leaders and learning more and more what loving and serving means with these 5 people. I think it is amazing that He has trusted us that much! We have so much to learn...I am so thankful for the trust. With our marriage, our children, this business, finances, so many different areas...well today I ran across another category to be faithful in...thankfulness (gratitude). Here is the quote that I saw today...and it really struck me, especially in this context:
"Express gratitude for what you have. This increases the possibility that eventually you will have more to express gratitude for." -Zig Ziglar-
I am grateful for so many things,
Tama


No comments: