Friday, November 17, 2006

Update on Miss M




So...


This morning at 8 o'clock Miss Mercedes and i went in for her dental surgery. They put an I.V. in her arm and in 5 seconds she was out. she didn't even have time to close her eyelids it was so fast.


At about 8:45 the dentist came in and told me that she would wake up in the next 15 minutes. They did a root canal on on of her top right molars and capped the whole thing with a silver crown. She also had five other small cavities. He also put a clear covering on her back molars. He said that the way her teeth are shaped that they collect food. He said he could tell that she was a snacker (which she is. she eats small portions all day long). It doesn't have to do with sugar intake but carbohydrate intake which we all eat...healthy or unhealthy. Anyway, it was an interesting lesson. :) I didn't feel like such a terrible parent after that.


When she woke up she whimpered and then cried for awhile...but she was good.


Mercedes threw up all the way home (20 minutes or so). When we got home she wanted to watch a show. So Shaun put on a show and i went to the store to buy some jello (which she didn't like), popsicles (which she loved) and some stuff for chicken soup (which she refused to even try).


She lay on the couch for awhile but then she started walking around and then she wanted Shaun to chase her around the circle (we have a circle in our house...you know every house should have one...that goes through the kitchen, the hallway, the living room, and the playroom...Keiko and the girls have a blast running around it for quite awhile each day when it's raining). She never did take a nap today. She just lay on the couch watching movies. Then from 4 to 7 our best friends came over and the kids played. Since we put her to be we haven't heard a peep. She passed out right away. She ate really well today.


So in all I would say so far it was a success. She is pale and has dark circles under her eyes but she is happy and active. So thank you for all your prayers. They were answered. I am so thankful.


I definitely learned my lesson...I will take my kids to Pediatric dentists from now on. we could have avoided the whole root canal thing on a three year old if I had known about this in the first place.


Well my world is quiet and I need to sleep.


Tama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweets,

Praise the Lord for His goodness!

FYI: I had six cavities when I was three and we weren't allowed sweets except on special occasions! They told my parents that I had "soft enamel". Now my new dentist here at Group Health is telling me decay is from bacteria and I am to chew special gum 9 x's per day or suck on nine special mints per day or use special mouthwash that turns teeth brownish! So. . . you are definitely NOT a bad parent because our sweetheart has cavities!!!!

This is such good news and we are all grateful that Mercedes came through it so well. I think that is a testimony in large part to some GREAT PARENTNG!

Loving you tons and proud to be your Mom,
Me

Vangie ... Beautiful One Blog said...

Thanks for the party at your house....it was so great to hang out with ya
Love you lots
Vange