Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best Friends...

So the day that Shaun left for Alberta (January 7th) was the same day that our best friends moved to Kelowna. That was a very rough day for me. And somehow between their moving and Shaun being away for work and my realization that my mothering skills are lacking...well needless to say the inner thoughts of my mind have been rocky. I don't really like living away from them. We have always lived near each other since we were all newlyweds. We followed each other back and forth between provinces for something like 15 moves in 9 years. You form a deep bond in those kinds of things...and just our natures. Plus we've had 12 years of friendship, life lives, children born, jokes between friends...and Shaun and Trevor have had since they were 13 years old. It's really wonderful to have such best friends.
So on the way home we are in Kelowna for a few days to visit them. What a comfortable and refeshing thing to be "home".
To our best friends: You have made me feel just loved. You have treasured me. You have trusted me. You have loved me through these last years with great tenderness and care. You have shared your hearts and lives with me. You have given so much. You have loved my family deeply. My children adore you and your children. You have walked with me through thick and thin. Your hospitality has always warmed our hearts because of the love with which you give it and the excellence with which you do it. Shaun and I have often commented on the blessing of a friendship with another couple where all of us are friends. It's a rare rich gift, I think, in a lifetime. We are blessed to have gained this gift at such a young age. Now we have our lives to grow and live and share together.
It will be a vast change to not live by each other...but I am so excited for you. I am so happy that you were finally able to make the break and pursue LIFE.
Thank you for being our best friends.
May the NeyHuth tradition be for as long as the sun and moon rise on our lives. And may God be the sovereign over it all.
Love you...

2 comments:

Vangie ... Beautiful One Blog said...

make me cry why dont you......our tradition isnt over....your destiny still awaits...here.......in time...we love you to and treasure our friendship.....we are lost without you...you complete us....so hurry and get here so we can be whole again!!

Love you more then words or actions can say....we are so blessed by you!!

graceforyouth said...

You guys are awesome. Thanks for stopping in and saying Hi! We love hanging out with you and share our lives together. We can not wait till you moved here or come back for an other visit permently .. no pressure by the way ... I thought that after last night we changed to the Neyoli and Huchinni's