Thursday, January 11, 2007

Friends and their children

I received a fabulous birth announcement from some of my best friends today. As I sat looking at the picture I looked over each of the faces of their beautiful children. They're each so precious to me. Then I started to ponder that...that they were precious to me. It really struck me. I started to think about their parent's friendship to Shaun and I over the years. How that friendship made it so that their children hold a special place in my heart. I wouldn't hesitate to do anything in my power to help these children. As the years go by I will watch them grow up...I will treasure them. If there is ever a time that they need me. I'll be there. Shaun and I have had our parent's friends help us and be there for us simply because we were our parent's children. That always amazed me. What a legacy from one's parents...the generosity of their friends. Although I've always been amazed and grateful, when I am the receptor of this, I've never really thought about it...until now...because it's my turn :).

Friendship is a wondrous thing...especially when it has forged through years of journeying together. Shaun and I and these friends went to college together, she was a roommate of mine, we got married within a year of each other, (in fact I bought a toe ring on the day they got married and haven't taken it off...it's a symbol to me of their marriage and that I am there to walk along side them no matter what they need) we had our first and second children within months of each other. We have laughed VERY hard together, we have fought together, we have cried together. We know each others history. We don't live near each other right now (although I'm sure our houses in heaven are very close) and they have forged a new path by having another beautiful baby... in all that we still call each other and it's like time never passes. Friendship...a true one, is a beautiful treasure, a rare gift. They are family.
I thank God for my friends. One of the priceless jewels that God has given to me.



Proverbs 17:17 says, "Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble."

Proverbs 18:24 says, "Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family"

Provers 27:10 says, "Don't leave your friends or your parents' friends and run home to your family when things get rough; Better a nearby friend than a distant family."


May your friendships be a treasure,

Tama



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tama,

I quite enjoyed your comments on friendship! I agree whole heartedly!

What a joy it is for me as your mom when you became a woman and we became friends!

Love to you my Sweets! Mom xoxoxo

Unknown said...

What would we do without our friends?!!

Thanks for your thoughts and reflections -- very beautiful, very honest!

Can't wait to get to know you even more!
L():o)

graceforyouth said...

We are so thankful that we can call you friends. It is not very often in life that we meet true friends like you, We are so thankful to God that He has brought us together. Thanks for the encouragement