Monday, January 28, 2013

Topics on the Radio


So, I listen to CBC for about 10-15 minutes per day.  The topics are interesting. I like to know what is being discussed in our world and I find that one of the ways to find out.  The topics lately have been euthanasia ("self-chosen death")  cryogenics (freezing someone so that when we discover a better way to cure them or a better time to live in they can be, in theory, revived and live forever), political leaders and either their race, gender, or sexual persuasion...and how this affects their political career and our views of them as a culture, abortion, oh! and why is it that our tax system is geared towards married people...it's really unfair to the majority who is now single.  
Yeah! So, I have MANY thoughts on these topics.  But, really, they are very bizarre topics.  I have about gone through the roof on the logic given by some of the people being interviewed.  But, for me, it does force me to have to think through these things and not just have a gut reaction (of rage mostly, if I'm honest).  It forces me to sit down and think through these things and have a more succinct answer instead of only emotion.  It hasn't changed my views one smidgen. 
It also has, often, brought deep sadness and distress to my heart that these are the topics that our world is discussing because it shows so much pain and hopelessness.  
Each one of these topics has a solution that offers hope.  And that solution is the same for each of these topics...His name is Jesus.
It always it Jesus.      

No comments: