Friday, October 3, 2008

10 Years

We were so in love on our wedding day. We promised to love each other for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, 'til death do us part. We were so young. I was only 21. He was just 22. Everyone advised us to wait to get married...we were too young they thought. We should have more life experience. But we knew better. We knew that come what may we wanted to face it together...to grow up together. So on September 26, 1998 we became husband and wife. And you know we are more in love with each other now than on that beautiful fall day.
The last 10 years have grown us up. The last 10 years have made time tested lovers out of us, we've become parents of 2 beautiful children, we've become business partners, we've withstood through sickness, more moves than one can count on both hands, the internal and external flaws that the hands of time reveal...the list goes on and on.
I love that in my mate I see so much mystery and yet I see some much that is familiar and home. It's the perfect mix to keep me fascinated. He is the best father that I have ever seen. He is the best husband a girl could ever have. His love for God is an ever increasing fire. He not only says he values his family he shows that he values his family. He works so hard to provide for us. He has stayed true to his vows of marriage. He is so creative and FUNNY! He brings so much joy and laughter into our house. I am so thankful for my mate for life. He is my other half. And yes he does complete me...cheesy but oh so true.
I look forward to the next decade and the one after that and the one after that...as many as God gives us. I so love every day with my husband. He has brought me the gift of joy and the gift of love every day that I have known him...all 4460 of them.

Thank you DC. Words are inadequate for how blessed I am to be your wife.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story!

JOdy K

Sarah said...

You have a great story, and I'm so happy for your wonderful little family! Yay for marriage!!

Jenny said...

Love how you wrote this! Beautiful!

Who from HS died while playing BB?