Sunday, December 2, 2007

meandering thoughts...






It snowed today! Beautiful white snow. I love how the world looks when it's snowed...so cozy, so clean. I was thinking how in the Bible how it says, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..." (Is. 1:18).




I was also thinking about children...how much joy they find in the simplest thing. It struck me that Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3)...there are so many days that I forget the simplicity and joy and wonder of a child. Life gets so complex. I'm so thankful to have the children that God gave me around me every day. When I take the time they are a constant reminder...I think He's pretty strategic in His reminders...when we are children it's easy to remember what that verse means, when we are parents or auntie and uncles, it's easy if we take the time...and then as grandparents those wee ones remind us again...at every phase. God is good all the time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to be in a Grandma picture here!!! I MUST move farther North!!!!
xoMom