Saturday, October 20, 2007

Disturbed

Ya know I'm gonna rant! So here is another grand opportunity to tuck your toes in...

The other day I was listening to the radio and I heard that in the States Planned Parenthood has been allegedly performing late term abortions...that means AFTER 21 weeks of pregnancy.They get something like 1 billion dollars of funding a year from the government. If this is found to be true all this funding dries up for them. I have to say I have heard the term abortion thrown around for years and it is defiantly disturbing...but this was the first time that I had really thought about it since having my own children. I just started crying right there in the car. I could feel my babies kicking by 21 weeks. I had heard their heart beat and felt them rolling around inside of me. I had seen them moving on an ultra-sound screen. At what point does a baby become a baby and not a fetus? Well I guess that's where ethics come in. That's were you're whole world view comes in. What do you believe? And at the end of the day does it really matter what YOU believe? I mean does it make it true? If you don't believe a baby is a baby until birth does that mean it's truth? In this present age we know SO much...so much more than even our parents about what goes on in the womb from a scientific perceptive.



I remember reading a story about the Assyrian about 4,000 years ago or so and one of their war tactics for their enemies was to slash the women's bellies (who were pregnant) to make sure that the mother AND baby were dead. Obviously they didn't know that when the mother died so did the baby. How barbaric! You think we are any better? You think we are so advanced? Listen to this...Ever heard the term "partial birth abortion"? Do you know what that is? I didn't! I had just heard the term...It's when a pregnancy has gone past the 21 week mark and is considered late term...the abortionist goes in with forceps and grabs the baby's legs and delivers the baby up to it's head. Then the doctor grabs some scissors and punctures the baby's head and then uses the scissors to enlarge the hole. Then they get a high powered suction and suction out the brains...the baby only stops moving and doing the startle reflex at the very end of the "procedure"... (http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/diagram.html) or sometimes the doctor just pulls until the head pops off...or a foot or an arm...how barbaric...only you know what? Instead of an enemy doing this as an act of war...it's a mother doing it to her child. A child that she was given by God to love, to protect...
This is still legal in Canada. We are legally allowed to murder our own children and walk around free. Yeah for us! Wonder what God thinks of us now! We're so amazing...we agree to these laws without a blink of an eye. "Well it's the woman's right to choose". Tell me something...why do people, then, think it's so horrible when mother's kill their children who are born? I mean...what's the difference?



Psalms 139:13-16 "Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day." http://www.dougbrittonbooks.com/onlinebiblestudies-cultureandsocietyinfluences/abortionoflifeinthewomb-sinandgodsforgiveness.asp



I know that some women (well many) have had abortions. I know someone very close to me who has. The scarring, the guilt, and so many other psychological factors from that never ends but for the grace of God. I know there is mercy for such an act if you seek it. I know that there is forgiveness. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God can turn this act (just as any other sin) into something good for His glory and honour.



And then I watch some of my friends and relatives go through the very difficult time of desperately wanting a child and not being able to conceive...

No comments: