Thursday, June 7, 2007

Heaven and Hell


I believe in the existence of both Heaven and Hell! I believe in that once we die our opportunity to change our eternal destination is over. So...I am starting an in depth study in the Bible on the the contract of Salvation in God's opinion found in the Bible. I realized that I have simply read over the Bible and taken other's interpretation of it for "gospel" as it were. I have not taken much of it in and studied it in depth.
The Bible says in Philippians 2:12 "...to work out your salvation with fear and trembling". Notice the "work" word. I never did before. I mean really notice it! That doesn't mean assume that someone else is right. Or get spoon fed. WORK! The Bible also says that MANY (that means even those that have called themselves "Christian" as well as those who haven't) will be shocked when God says to them "Depart from me I never knew you" (Matthew 7:21-23) and they end up in torment and agony for all eternity. I think it's worth my time to figure out what it takes to spend life in heaven instead of hell. (If you would like to do the same Matthew 6, 7, 24, 25 are a good place to start).
On the topic's Jesus talked about He only talked about money more. He obviously felt strongly about it. So I have started the journey. I am not looking to have my ears tickled. I am looking for truth. I read this book "Rescued" (you can see the cover there). It's all about this. It's a novel. Now I am going to do the Bible Study. I imagine it will take me some time.
Today I was reading through the book of Job (in the Old Testament of the Bible). I did not realize that chronologically Job was before or around the time of Abraham. Do you realize what that means? He did not have a Bible, he did not even have the tenoch (sp?), he did not have a people to go to and watch them as they lived for God. No one to really talk too...he knew nothing about good or evil from any books or another person. He had no idea that a Messiah would come to the world and be a bridge between death and a hopeless tormented eternity and God and all that is beautiful, good, all that is GOD! ...He simply knew! that God existed. Do you know why? Because we all do. God built that into us when He created us. None of us have an excuse. That REALLY got me today!
So my desire is to, at the Judgement Seat of Christ, have Him say to me "Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." (Matthew 25:34).
I will finish well...so I am now going to learn exactly what that takes...by "work"ing.
Study well your eternity depends on it.
Tama

No comments: