Thursday, December 14, 2006

Some thoughts


The last little while I have been trying to do more "crafty" things. I hadn't done that in quite awhile as i hadn't had the time, inclination, or the energy. It's kind of nice. I took up knitting...not good yet so I am bored already with it...and I am making these no-sew fleece blankets for the girls and some other kids. The tracktor blanket in this picture is for one of my closest friends who just had her third son last week. The girly one is for one of my other closest friend who just adopted a baby girl.



I have also started to do more crafty things with the girls. They really enjoy it. I have some finger paintings to send to grandparents and great-grandparents for Christmas.





We have also been doing things like building forts in the living room. It was fun but Portia kept crawling on top of the fort and ruining it much to Shaun and Mercedes' frustration. The girls are very good...even on days when we can't get outside due to weather. Tomorrow we are going to a place that is a gymnastics centre that has a time for a couple of hours where it's a big indoor play gym. We've not been yet but it sounds like a good place for the girls to blow off some steam.





I read this this morning... Proverbs 14: 10 says "The person who shuns the bitter moments of friends will be an outsider at their celebrations." That really struck me. Especially at Christmas. It said to me that we choose to be a friend to someone and then we stick with them NO MATTER WHAT! Loyalty. Over the last 9 months Shaun and I have made new friends. They are wonderful people but it takes a long time to really be true friends. I cherish the friendships that I have. I am very thankful for the people that God has blessed my life with. This verse was an excellent reminder to me.
I got this in an e-mail and found it true:

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself (and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your 'beer/Pepsi drawer' with her foot!)
A simple friend has never seen you cry. A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.
A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.
A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.
A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.
A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. A real friend could blackmail you with it.
A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after you had a fight.
A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!


I am blessed with many real friends and many new friends. One needs both :). After all the new friends will become old friends in time if we stick to the friendship...Thank you my friends whatever catagory you may fall into :)

Love, Tama

2 comments:

graceforyouth said...

I that whatever we put into a relationship we get out of it - good job on the blankets and trying new things.

Anonymous said...

Tama,

Great pics! The blankets are clever. Being crafty is such fun for the girls!

Love you tons,
Mom